I was grieving for my murdered son when he video called me during his funeral – I thought it was a horrible joke

I was grieving for my murdered son when he video called me during his funeral – I thought it was a horrible joke

A GRIEVING mum got the shock of her life when her teenage son video-called her at his own funeral, in what she thought was a cruel joke.

As Vilma Fuentes was weeping over what she thought was her son Adonay Urbina’s corpse, he rang her and said he was alive.

Jam PressThe family had been mourning over Adonay’s coffin when they got a call[/caption]

Jam PressAdonay called his mum and spoke to her on video[/caption]

On October 13, the blood-soaked body of a teenage boy had been found by a passerby in the town of La Entrada, Honduras.

The corpse’s face was heavily disfigured from multiple gunshot wounds to the head and neck.

Family members had initially identified the corpse as Osman’s through a burn scar on an arm, and began preparations to bury the boy.

However, during the vigil, the “deceased” teen’s loved ones were stunned when they got a video call from him.

Mum Vilma told local media: “We were surprised because friends said, ‘Here’s Osman’. I thought it was a joke.”

Adonay had left home three weeks earlier in an attempt to get to the US, and reportedly called his mum from the Guatemala-Mexico border, saying: “I’m here at the border. I’m alive, I’m not dead.”

The stunned family quickly called the police to explain the bizarre situation – and determine who the dead man actually was.

Officers went to the home and discovered that the corpse likely to be that of missing local 15-year-old, Jimmy Sarmiento.

Sarmiento’s relatives were called to the scene, confirmed the body was his and took away the coffin.

Vilma told local media: “The truth is they look alike. We cleaned and mourned the body, but it wasn’t him. We got confused, and the police did too.”

Adonay Urbina’s grandmother added: “I am happy that my grandson is alive.”

In June, a “dead” woman came back to life at her own funeral, only hours after her family received her death certificate.

Bella Monotya had been placed in her coffin at 2pm, according to local media.

Around four hours later, her relatives opened the coffin to change her clothes but Bella began gasping for breath.

And a three-year-old girl woke up at her own funeral last year after doctors allegedly wrongly told her parents she had died from a stomach bug.

Camila Roxana Martinez Mendoza was declared deceased 12 hours before the service on August 17 but began to stir while trapped inside the coffin.

Jam PressThe body in the coffin was that of another local boy[/caption]

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *